The Word Problem in Focus series not only provides ample practice for pupils of mixed abilities, but also offers the higher-ability pupils challenging questions.
euriAdopting a topical approach in which mathematical concepts and skills are taught and reinforced, the Word Problems in Focus series serves two main purposes: to improve pupils’ problem-solving skills and to enhance their language abilities – by helping them to be both numerate and literate.
Each book in the series features the following:
• Worked Examples for each topic show common methods of solution used by most teachers and parents;
• Practice Questions allow pupils to apply and practise questions similar to the one discussed in the Worked Examples;
• Challenging Problems challenge the higher-ability pupils to solve harder word problems;
• Review Problems test pupils’ understanding of concepts discussed in each topic;
• Teaching Tips for teachers and parents to guide pupils through concepts;
• Answers and Solutions allow pupils, teachers and parents to check the answers and to expose them to intuitive or creative solutions.
|Publisher||Marshall Cavendish Education|
|Core / Supplementary||Supplementary|
|Grade||Grade 3 (South Africa)|
|Colour||Black & White|
|Number of pages||106|